The aim of the course is to provide you with an introduction to the Prevent duty to develop your knowledge and understanding of how to safeguard vulnerable individuals from radicalisation.
The course begins with a definition and exploration of the meaning of the key terms associated with Prevent including terrorism, extremism and radicalisation.
In the second stage of learning you will examine the process of radicalisation and why an individual may be vulnerable to it. You will also consider the signs that may indicate a person has begun the process of being radicalised.
The course concludes with guidance on how to deal with concerns and the role played by Channel in supporting individuals at risk.
The learning outcomes are:
- Know the meaning of the Prevent duty and key terms associated with it, including terrorism, extremism and radicalisation
- Know why a person may be vulnerable to radicalisation
- Know the signs that may indicate a person is being radicalised
- Know how to respond to concerns that a person is being radicalised
- Know the role of Challenge.