This eLearning course aims to refresh and enhance your knowledge and understanding about manual handling in your work role. Please note: The completion of this eLearning module does not prove your competence to undertake manual handling tasks using equipment. In order for you to practice manual handling you must undertake additional face-to-face training with an accredited manual handling training provider.
This course examines the anatomy and physiology of the human body in relation to moving and handling. It examines current legislation and agreed ways of working when moving and positioning individuals including how to minimise risk. You will learn how to prepare individuals before moving and positioning and how to move and position an individual safely. The course concludes with enabling you to know when to seek advice from and/or involve others when moving and positioning an individual.
The learning outcomes for this course are:
- Understand the anatomy and physiology in relation to moving and handling
- Understand current legislation and agreed ways of working when moving and positioning individuals
- Minimise risk before moving and positioning individuals
- Prepare individuals before moving and positioning
- Move and position an individual
- Know when to seek advice from and/or involve others when moving and positioning an individual