This eLearning course aims to refresh and enhance your knowledge about Health and Safety in the workplace.
The course begins by introducing you to your legal responsibilities for health and safety in the work place including risk assessment and the procedures for responding to accidents and sudden illnesses. You will learn how to reduce the spread of infection; the principles of moving and handling equipment and objects safely; how to handle hazardous substances and materials; promote fire safety and implement security measures in the work setting. The course concludes will enabling you to understand and know how to manage your own stress.
The learning outcomes for this course are:
- Understand your own responsibilities, and the responsibilities of others, relating to Health and Safety
- Carry out your responsibilities in relation to health and safety risk assessment
- Understand procedures for responding to accidents and sudden illnesses
- Reduce the spread of infection
- Know the principles of moving and handling equipment and objects safely
- Know how to handle hazardous substances and materials
- Understand how to promote fire safety
- Implement security measures in the work setting
- Know how to manage your own stress