This course aims to increase your knowledge and understanding about dysphagia.
The course begins by explaining what dysphagia is, who may be affected, the different types and causes of dysphagia. Then you will learn about the signs and symptoms of dysphagia, how it is diagnosed and the treatments available. You will also learn about the risks of dysphagia and how to manage a diagnosis.
The learning outcomes for this course are:
- Know the meaning of dysphagia
- Know the stages of swallow
- Know the main types of dysphagia
- Know the main causes of dysphagia
- Know who is most at risk
- Know the symptoms of dysphagia
- Know how dysphagia is diagnosed
- Know how dysphagia is treated
- Know the risks associated with dysphagia
- Know how to manage a diagnosis of dysphagia.