This eLearning course aims to raise your awareness and develop your understanding of dementia.
The course begins with an introduction to the meaning of dementia and explores the four main types of dementia together with their causes. You will examine the signs and symptoms that may indicate dementia before considering how it is diagnosed and why an early diagnosis is important. You will go on to explore the factors that may increase the risk of developing dementia and how to reduce them. The course concludes with the treatments available to individuals diagnosed with dementia including the need to adopt a person centred approach.
The learning outcomes for this course are:
- Know the meaning of the term dementia, the 4 main types and their causes.
- Know the symptoms of 4 types of dementia
- Know how dementia is diagnosed and why early diagnosis is important
- Know the factors that may increase the risk of dementia and how to reduce them
- Know how dementia may be treated.