This course will enable you to learn about the ways individuals communicate and the importance of good communication.
You will explore how you can meet the communication and language needs, wishes and preferences of individuals.
You will learn how to promote effective communication and the principles and practices related to independent advocacy and confidentiality.
The course concludes by considering the use of verbal and non-verbal communication including the use of communication aids/technologies.
The learning outcomes for this course are to:
- Know the importance of effective communication at work
- Know how to meet the communication and language needs, wishes and preferences of individuals
- Know how to promote effective communication
- Know the purpose and principles of independent advocacy
- Know the principles and practices relating to confidentiality
- Use appropriate verbal and non-verbal communication
- Support the use of appropriate communication aids/technologies.