This eLearning course aims to raise your awareness and develop your understanding of Catheter Care.
The course begins with a simple explanation of the urinary system and considers the reasons why catheterisation may be required. You will explore the types of catheters; indwelling, intermittent and external and the equipment that may be used by individuals who have a catheter. You will explore the risks associated with catheterisation and how these are managed. The course concludes with how to solve common problems and empty and change a catheter drainage bag.
- Know what a urinary catheter is
- Know the types of urinary catheter
- Know the reasons for catheterisation
- Know the benefits of catheterisation
- Know the equipment used for catheterisation
- Know the risks associated with catheterisation and how they are managed
- Know how to solve common problems
- Know how to empty and change a urinary drainage bag.
PLEASE NOTE! This course aims to raise knowledge and understanding of catheter care. It does not qualify you to undertake catheterisation.