The aim of this eLearning course is to develop your knowledge and understanding of sepsis, severe sepsis and septic shock.
This course begins by defining sepsis, severe sepsis and septic shock. It examines the causes of sepsis and the source of infections that may lead to it. You will explore the signs and symptoms of sepsis and what to do if you suspect an individual may be developing the condition. You will consider who is most at risk of sepsis and learn how it is diagnosed and treated.
The learning outcomes are:
- Define sepsis and septic shock
- Know the causes of sepsis
- Know who may be most at risk of developing sepsis
- Know the signs and symptoms of sepsis, severe sepsis and septic shock
- Know the symptoms of sepsis
- Know the symptoms of septic shock
- Know what to do if sepsis is suspected
- Know how sepsis is diagnosed
- Know how sepsis is treated.