This eLearning course aims to develop your knowledge and understanding of how to safeguard adults with care and support needs. You will be introduced to the key terms associated with adult safeguarding including the definition of abuse. You will explore the categories of abuse, and the signs that may indicate abuse is taking place and consider guidance on what you should do if you suspect abuse, or it has been disclosed to you. The course will help you to analyse why individuals may be vulnerable to abuse and consider how the likelihood of abuse can be reduced. Legislation and policy will be explained including 'whistleblowing.' The course concludes with an examination of the risks associated with online activities and how they can be minimised.
The learning outcomes for this course are:
- Know key terms associated with adult safeguarding
- Know how to recognise signs of abuse
- Know how to respond to suspected and disclosed abuse
- Know the national and local context of safeguarding and protection of abuse
- Know how to reduce the likelihood of abuse
- Know how to recognise and report unsafe practice
- Know the risks associated with online activities and how to reduce them.